Alumni Scholarships and Gifts
The Alumni Association has several scholarships offered to students.
The Alumni Family Scholarship
1. Applicant must be the child of an alumna/us who earned a certificate, associates, or bachelor’s degree.
a. Applicant must include a letter of intent indicating the year and type of degree that their parent earned from UVU, UVSC, UVCC, Utah Technical College at Provo or Utah Trade Technical Institute.
b. Also include alumni’s name (if mother, be sure to put maiden name), alumni’s current address, and phone number.
2. Applicant must be a continuing student in his/her junior or senior year.
Student Leadership Scholarship
1. Applicant must be a member of the Student Alumni Association for one year.
2. Applicant must apply and be appointed as a member of the Student Alumni Board
3. Applicant must demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
Alumni Legacy Student Scholarship:
(Out of state tuition waivers)
1. Be a non-resident of the State of Utah
2. Have at least one parent who holds at least an associate degree from Utah Valley University, Utah Valley State College, Utah Valley Community College, or Utah Technical College/Provo
3. Enroll at UVU as a first-time undergraduate student in the Utah System of Higher Education
4. A student who attends UVU on an Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship may not count the time during which the scholarship is received towards establishing resident student status in Utah.
Criteria for awards
1. Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
2. Enroll and maintain at least 12 credit hours per semester
3. Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
4. Have an A.C.T. score of 22 or higher
5. Submit name of alumni parent, which must be verified before eligibility is confirmed, and, if requested, provide proof of relationship
6. Submit a one page (600-800 words) statement of intent explaining the alumni relationship and why the student should receive the award
7. Alumni Scholarship Committee will review the applications and select the recipients.
1. The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters (with the exception of the transfer scholarships, which are for 4 semesters only), provided the recipient maintains a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher and completes 12 hours per semester 2. Should it be discovered that any recipient misrepresented their legacy status, the scholarship will be revoked immediately 3. Students must complete a residency update form (located on the alumni website) each semester before the award will be posted to the student’s account
4. The waiver may be added to other University or private scholarships.
To apply for an alumni scholarship click on its name.
These scholarships are funded by the generous contributions of students, faculty, alumni, staff, organizations, and community members.
To learn more about the alumni scholarships and how to give contact the Alumni Office at: 801-863-8179.